文法 #13 接続詞 as

[時:~する時]
  • As he entered the room, I was reading a book on a chair.
  • They arrived as we were leaving.
  • He sat watching her as she got ready.

[原因・理由:~なので]
  • As he was tired, he didn't go there.
  • She may need some help as she's new.
  • I went to bed at 9 pm as I had a plane to catch at 6 am.

[様態:~の様に]
  • Leave it, as it was.
  • Do as I say, not as I do.
  • As you know, Kei is leaving soon.
  • We are very happy for you to stay at our house as long as you like.
  • Your jacket is the same colour as mine. [比較と捉えることも可]

[比例・比較:~につれて、~と比べて]
  • As time goes by, he became more selfish. [比例][by=副詞:通り過ぎて]
  • As the show increases in popularity, more and more tickets are sold daily. [比例]
  • She arrived early, as I expected. [比較]

[譲歩:~だけれども]
  • Happy as they were, there was something missing.
  • Much as I sympathize with your difficulties, there is little I can do to help you.
  • Tired as he was, he went on working.

※その他にも、前置詞や副詞としても機能する。


課題 #04

→ 文法 #75 as の用法(副詞 / 前置詞 / 接続詞 / 関係代名詞)