文法 #28 前置詞 with

[同伴・随伴](~と一緒に、~とともに)
  • I ordered a sandwich with a drink.
  • I saw my daughter in the train with her boyfriend.
  • She has been working with her sister at the nail shop.

[所有(・特性・携帯)](~を持って)
  • I met a guy with blue eyes.
  • He chose a room with a high ceiling.
  • Servants would arrive with trays of tea.

[手段・方法(・道具)](~を用いて)
  • Always wash your hands with soap and hot water before handling food.
  • He cut my hair with his gold scissors.
  • Stir the mixture with a spoon.

[関連](~について、~に対して)
  • We have a problem with parking in this area.
  • Something is wrong with my iPhone.
  • He is familiar with these plants.

[感情の原因](~に対して)
  • Are you pleased with the result?
  • We were disappointed with the court’s decision.
  • She'd start feeling more comfortable with the room.

[原因・理由](~のせいで)
  • The cat was shaking with fear. (同伴・随伴の派生)
  • I am bored with this film. (手段・方法の派生)
  • He is in bed with flu. (所有の派生)

[付帯状況]
  • He is listening to the music with his eyes closed.
  • Don't stand with your hands in your pockets.
  • She was walking along the street, with her hair streaming.


→ 課題 #11