文法 #46 時を表す副詞節

[接続詞の種類]
  • It was past one o'clock when Pierre left his friend.
  • As he entered the room, she was watching TV.
  • She waited while he poured a cup of coffee.
  • I can go out to play after I finish my homework.
  • Call me before you leave.
  • The mother will not be at ease until she hears of her son's safe arrival.
  • Please stay here till I get back.
  • I'll be back as soon as I can.
  • I'll help you as long as I stay here. 
  • Once she was in the car, he shut the door and leaned down to speak.
  • He was dead by the time he got to a hospital.
  • Whenever he saw her art, new feelings emerged.
  • Every time a bus went past, the windows rattled.
  • Each time the product changes, the machines have to be retooled.
※as long as は仮定・条件としても使われる。

[文頭の副詞節]
  • When I woke up, I was in the car.
  • Until you admit that you were wrong, I'm not going to talk to you.

[文中の副詞節]
  • Telephones, when they first appeared, were called "talking telegraphs".
  • It wasn't until I heard him speak that I recognized him.

[文末の副詞節]
  • I met Mary and John when I was in London.
  • Let's wait until it stops raining.

日記 に補足があります。

→ 文法 #36 従属接続詞の一覧

→ 文法 #47 原因・理由を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #48 場所を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #49 仮定・条件を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #50 譲歩を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #51 目的を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #52 結果を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #53 様態を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #54 限定・範囲・制限を表す副詞節
→ 文法 #55 比例・比較を表す副詞節