文法 #40 助動詞 could

[過去の能力:canの過去形]
  • I could swim when I was 5 years old.
  • You could see the ambulance coming.
  • Nancy could ski like a pro by the age of 11.

[過去の推量:canの過去形]
  • They could have taken a taxi home instead of walking and getting wet.
  • I could have been wrong.
  • He could have swum faster if his leg hadn’t hurt him.

[推量]
  • I could be late tonight. I have a lot of work to do.
  • The queue is very long. We could be waiting for hours.
  • This plan could really work out.

[丁寧な依頼]
  • Could you help us?
  • Could you please be quiet?
  • Could you confirm that you will be attending the consultation this Monday?

[丁寧な許可]
  • Could I borrow your pen, please?
  • Could I get you more water?
  • Could I take this jacket with me?

[丁寧な提案]
  • We could go to the cinema tonight.
  • I could meet you after work.
  • You could borrow my umbrella.

日記 に補足があります。

→ 文法 #34 助動詞の一覧
→ 文法 #38 助動詞の過去形
→ 文法 #09 助動詞can