文法 #08 感情表現

[受動態で表される感情表現]
  • How could you say such a thing? You should be ashamed of yourself!
  • I’m delighted that I got the job. It’s just what I always wanted.
  • I’m sorry I forgot your birthday – I was confused about the dates.
  • I’m horrified by the amount of violence on television today.
  • I’m excited by the new opportunities that the internet brings.
  • I get so irritated when he changes TV channels without asking me first.

[形容詞で表される感情表現]
  • She was angry with her boss for criticising her work.
  • She was happy to hear the good news.
  • She was jealous of her sister’s new toy.”
  • I feel very negative about my job – the pay is awful.
  • It makes me sad to see all those animals in cages at the zoo.
  • I’ve got a blinding headache and I feel terrible.

[感情表現の能動態/受動態の書き換え]
  • His lecture is monotonous and will disappoint us.
    → Because His lecture is monotonous, I will be disappointed at it. (at:対象)

  • Her dishes didn’t satisfy me because she loves spicy food.
    → I wasn’t satisfied with her dishes because she loves spicy food. (with:原因・理由)

  • He tried to explain why the subject interested him.
    → He tried to explain why he was interested in the subject. (in:関連)

  • Traffic jams frustrated me.
    → I was frustrated with traffic jams. (with:原因・理由)

  • Discontinuation of her research disappointed me.
    → I was disappointed at discontinuation of her research.

  • Cancellation of the contract surprised me.
    → I was surprised at cancellation of the contract.

課題 #02