文法 #43 助動詞 should

[助言・提案]
  • You should try to lose weight.
  • What should I wear?
  • People should worry more about global warming.
[義務・当然]
  • You should be wearing your seat belt.
  • You shouldn't have said that to her.
  • I should be at work now.

[推量(期待・可能性)]
  • Are you ready? The train should be here soon.
  • According to her appearance, she should be 20 years old or so.
  • She should be here by now.

[単純未来・意思未来]
※仮定法帰結節で、主語が I または we の時に使う
  • If I were you, I should complain to the manager.
  • If I lost my job I should have no money.
    • (参考) If he lost his job he would have no money.
  • We should be grateful if you could send us your latest catalogue.

[単純未来]
※仮定法条件節で、可能性のある未来を表現する。
  • If anyone should ask, I will be at the bar.
  • If your father should call, tell him I will speak to him later.
  • If it should rain, they will not come.

[強調]
※驚きを強調するのに使われる。
  • Why should I apologize to him?
  • Why should I do such a thing for you?
  • Why shouldn't she buy it if she can afford it?

[判断の根拠]
  • It is strange that he should say so.
  • It is interesting that he should do such a thing.
  • He took an umbrella so that he shouldn't get wet.
  • He ran lest he should miss the bus.

日記 に補足があります。

→ 文法 #34 助動詞の一覧
→ 文法 #42 助動詞 shall