文法 #25 分詞構文

[時:when]
  • Seeing me, the man ran away.
  • Eating in the cafe, I met my friend.
  • Staying alone in my room, I felt lonely.

[原因・理由:because]
  • Having lived through difficult times together, they were very close friends.
  • Knowing she loved reading, Richard bought her a book.
  • Not written in Japanese, this guide book is hard to understand.

[条件:if]
  • Used in this way, participles can make your writing more concise.
  • Turning to the left there, you will find the station.
  • Born in different times, he would have become a great doctor.

[譲歩:though・although]
  • Respecting your opinion, I disagree.
  • Not Having permission of entering this site, he ignored and entered it.
  • Arriving severely late, I could meet him thanks to his kindness.

[付帯状況:while(同時)・and(連続)]
  • Waiting for Ellie, I made some tea.
  • My sister was eating pancakes, playing on her cell phone.
  • The bomb exploded, destroying the building.


課題 #10