課題 #09

[関係副詞]
  • England is the country where I have not been yet.
  • I remember the day when we first met.
  • Do you want to know (the reason) why he is angry with Kate?

[関係代名詞]
  • England is the country to which I have not been yet.
  • I remember the day at which we first met.
  • Do you want to know the reason for which he is angry with Kate?

compete / competition / competence
  • On Friday, our team will compete in a race against a neighboring school. 
  • He got a prize for winning the competition.
  • She shows a high level of technical competence.

[indicate / indication / indicative]
  • The strong wind indicates that a storm is coming.
  • Early indications show that the plane had mechanical failure.
  • Their failure to act is indicative of their lack of interest.

[fail / failure / fault / false]
  • I failed my exam.
  • He calls me every Sunday night without fail.
  • Three attempts on the British 200-metre record also ended in failure.
  • It is my fault that we have not finished.
  • He was feeding false information to his customers.


文法 #22 関係副詞
文法 #23 関係代名詞