文法 #75 as の用法(副詞 / 前置詞 / 接続詞 / 関係代名詞)

[副詞]
  • He is as tall as I. (形容詞 tall を修飾)
  • Come as soon as possible (副詞の soon を修飾)
  • This pen is three times as thick as that pen. (倍数表現)
  • Tom is not as honest as John. (否定文に注意)

[前置詞]
  • She is working as a interpreter for 10 years.
  • I regarded his story as untrustworthy. (regard A as B)
  • As a rule, he is not punctual. (as a rule)
  • As a matter of fact, I don't know the truth. (as a matter of fact)

[接続詞]
  • They arrived as we were leaving. (時)
  • As you were out, I left a message. (原因・理由)
  • She arrived early, as I expected. (様態)
  • As the show increases in popularity, more and more tickets are sold daily. (比例・比較)
  • Strange as it may seem, I never really wanted to become engineer.(譲歩)
※接続詞 as は文法 #13でも一通り紹介済み。

[関係代名詞]
  • I received the same grade as you did. (先行詞は same + 名詞)
  • I can't eat such food as we give the dog (先行詞は such + 名詞)
  • As we all know, the earth is not flat. (先行詞は主節全体)
  • He is a foreigner, as is evident from his accent. (先行詞は主節全体)
  • As I said before, you must leave. (先行詞は主節全体)

日記 に補足があります。

文法 #13 接続詞as
→ 文法 #35 前置詞の一覧
→ 文法 #103 代名詞の一覧