文法 #81 否定を表す副詞

[否定語]
  • I don't have a ticket. (not)
  • You're no younger than I am. (no)
  • I've never thought about it before. (never)
  • The wind was so strong that we were basically going nowhere. (nowhere)
  • "My father doesn't drink." "Neither does my father." (neither)

[慣用表現]
  • He's not at all worried about his car's reliability.(not at all)
  • The list shown here is by no means exhaustive. (by no means)
  • She was in no way to blame. (in no way)
  • I'm no longer in danger. (no longer)
  • The result is neither good nor bad. (neither A nor B)

[準否定語]
  • I could hardly understand him. (hardly:程度)
  • The city had scarcely changed in 20 years. (scarcely:程度)
  • He is little known as an artist.  (little:程度)
  • I rarely saw him at school. (rarely:頻度)
  • He seldom goes to church. (seldom:頻度)
※little や few は準否定の形容詞

[二重否定]
  • They care for nothing but fighting. (nothing but = only)
  • He was not a little puzzled at her speech.(not a little = very)
  • Not a few of the members were present. (not a few = very)

[部分否定]
  • People are not all the same. (not all)
  • The car did not always win the race. (not always)
  • You can't use both of them.(not both)
  • Not everyone who plays the lottery will be a winner. (not every)

日記 に補足があります。

→ 文法 #87 副詞の一覧

文法 #78 名詞と間違えやすい副詞(there / here / 時 / 場所 など)
→ 文法 #79 程度を表す副詞
→ 文法 #80 頻度を表す副詞
→ 文法 #82 肯定を表す副詞
→ 文法 #83 原因・結果を表す副詞
文法 #84 様態を表す副詞
文法 #85 文修飾の副詞
→ 文法 #86 疑問副詞
→ 文法 #22 関係副詞